Wednesday, March 30, 2011

We have a 1 Year Old.

Man, going through my previous posts, it would appear that TJ has gone from newborn to toddler in just a couple of months. I suppose that's pretty true if I think of how fast it has happened in my mind.
TJ is a mover and shaker now!! A walking, talking, kissing, "zerberting", little MAN. I'm still holding on to his baby hair... not sure when I'll be ready to cut it... but it's not right now :)
What did our parents ever do without etsy.com?
Not have cute personalized t-shirts like this!! :)
He's figured out the ipad. Well, kind of. He loves "Talking Tom Kat". He can pet the cat & it purrs. Talk to it, and it repeats what you said back in a silly voice. Give it a glass of milk. Beat it up. It's fun... and probably the most this little man talks!
He's also found a good leaning post/area. I've learned to "lock" my phone now. I've had some conversations with people I haven't spoken with in a while. Which is nice... but most think something is wrong since I am calling. Sorry Aaron Haug, Josh Waetzig, & probably many others that I didn't "catch".

One day, before his 1st birthday, I put him at the first step just to see what he'd do. Boy was that stupid! He went all the way up, all by himself, on his first try. His new favorite place to be is sitting on the first step, kicking his legs. Then, when we're not looking, he likes sprinting to the top, walking straight into daddy's office, and pushing buttons on the answering machine, computer, tv, remote, printer... you get the idea.
This is after his first (of two) smash cake experiences. We had a Creighton Basketball themed 1st Birthday Party for him with our close family. He loved it. In fact, he was a very spoiled (err loved) little boy. His next smash cake experience was on his actual birthday when we had our friend & photographer Lindsay come over to take photos. He was sick & not having it. I think Lindsay spent a good portion of her afternoon at our house... thank you Lindsay! Fortunately, our 3rd try, a week later, yielded much better results. I will post some of those pictures soon.
We were also fortunate to join our friends, the Lau's, in Hawaii at the beginning of the year. It was such a wonderful & relaxing vacation. We hope to make it an annual event. TJ did fantastic the entire time... the plane ride, the beach, the pool, dinners. He knows how to get another vacation experience out of us!! :)

Well, there's the "down & dirty". I'll try to post a video of the little guy walking. It's pretty adorable!!




No comments: