Thuc & I were fortunate to be asked to join one of Thuc's best friends from undergrad and his wife in Hilton Head, SC. It was one of our more "active" vacations & a lot of fun. Good thing we're in our 2nd trimester and I was able to find enough energy to keep up! If you look closely in the above picture, you can see a fisherman on the boat feeding a dolphin. Our Kayak guide told us that it is illegal to feed the fish.. but by nature of the fish boat, they feed them. However, what this fisherman is doing... is "pushing it" :)
On our sunset kayak tour!
The 3 amigas. We left our husbands several times to find our own adventures. These adventures usually had something to do with Thai iced coffee/tea &/or chocolate! :)
The MANY dolphins we saw on our sailboat tour. They were SO CUTE... actually makes me want to swim with them sometime!
You have to look VERY closely, but on our last day there, we went to the ocean & saw TONS of fish. Every wave the came in was FILLED with fish. Almost disgusting. I quickly got out of the water. The fish were jumping EVERYWHERE.. it was so weird, we were trying to figure out what was going on. Not 20 minutes later, the lifeguard called everyone in for sharks! YIKES! We highly recommend a trip to Hilton Head if you're a biker/golfer/tennis player/beach go-er. We rented bikes for the entire week & I was a little nervous when we saw that they were 1-speeds w/ the brakes being the pedels! Fortunately, it's flat & there are bike paths everywhere. We even road on the beach b/c the sand was so packed. Not the clearest water (I don't suggest wearing a white swim suit.. it will turn brown) but a beautiful beach!

No comments:
Post a Comment